I started with 6 books for 2017, and I made the commitment to AT LEAST finish the books by Summer.
Last year I was able to complete about 11 books throughout the year, taking a little over a month to complete each one.
I loved the way reading and self-help books made me feel.
I loved all of the knowledge I gained.
I loved all of the GROWTH I began to see within my life.
So why did it take me so long to finish each book? Why didn’t I make time for this since it made me feel SO good?
I started with book #1.
I promised myself.
I AFFIRMED -> I AM A FAST READER. I MAKE TIME FOR READING.
Finished Book #1 in one week.
Finished Book #2 the following week.
OK so now, I’m motivated. NOW, I feel challenged lol. Can I read all SIX of the books in SIX weeks when I originally gave myself SIX months?
HELL YEA SHE CAN!!!!! AND SHE SHO’ WILL.
#52Weeks52Books is simply me sharing a review from a book every week.
I’ve noticed some of my friends have joined and a lot of others are interested. So, I decided to create a tentative list for the challenge. As you can see the list is still being created but I wanted to share what I had thus far. The list begins with the books I started at the beginning of the year. After Week 10, I’ll begin ranking my books as I read them. ALL ARE GOOD, but some are simply GREAT.
Tweet me @ryenwatkins if you’re joining me Xo.
- The Way of the Superior Man by David Deida (free pdf version online)
- Four Agreements: Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Alchemist
- The Soulmate Secret
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
- Finding Your North Star by Martha Beck *Currently Reading
- As A Man Thinketh by James Allen (free pdf version online)
- The Healthy Habit Revolution by Derek Doepker
- Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow
- The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles
- Chakra Meditation by Swami Saradananda
- The Game of Life and How to Play It by Florence Scovel Shinn
- The Wait by DeVon Franklin and Meagan Good
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill (free pdf version online)
- The Shack by William P. Young
- Manifest Your Desires by Esther Hicks
- How To Be Here by Rob Bell
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra
- The Happiness Equation by Neil Pasricha
- The Keys by Dj Khaled
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- You Are A Badass At Making Money by Jen Sincero
- Help, Thanks, Wow by Anne Lamont
- Unlimited Power by Tony Robbins
- David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
- Creating Money: Keys to Abundance by Sanaya Roman
- The Master Key System by Charles F. Haanel
- Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- Opening to Channel by Sanaya Roman and Duane Parker
- Soul Love by Sanaya Roman
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- Loving what is: Four Questions that can Change Your Life by Byron Katie
- The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous and Broke by Suze Orman
- Practical Intuition by Laura Day
- Getting to I Do by Dr. Patricia Allen
- Your Destiny Switch by Peggy McColl
- The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Losing My Virginity by Richard Branson
Do you have a book that you think should be on the list?? Let me know!!!